The Abolitionists | Toilet Paper Roll Craft
The Abolitionists for Kids
Your family can learn about the abolitionists for kids in a hands-on way with this printable toilet paper roll craft!
Our kids need to know about the abolitionists and their role in abolition. They also need to understand the biblical truths that motivated the abolition movement.
My narrative history from Christian Focus Publication, Who Were the Abolitionists?, is a fun way for your kids to learn the stories of ten British and American abolitionists who labored on behalf of their neighbors, convicted by God's Word, between 1688-1888 AD.
God used the abolitionists to help bring about the freedom of many. The abolitionists also helped bring the Church back to Scriptural truths about the people God created. We are all made in his image!
During the time of the abolitionists, only one out of every twenty-three people was free. In the world your child is growing up in today, ninety-nine out of every one hundred people is free. The abolitionists had something to do with that!
Who Were the Abolitionists?The abolitionists were a group of people who wanted to get rid of (abolish) slavery. This book will tell you about some of them. They came from different places and had different stories, and God called them to serve him in different ways. But they each worked to make sure that a human being, made in the image of God, could not be owned by someone else. Included are profiles of:
- Granville Sharp
- Phillis Wheatley
- Olaudah Equiano
- Thomas Clarkson
- William Wilberforce
- Zachary Macaulay
- William Knibb
- Sojourner Truth
- Frederick Douglass
- Harriet Tubman
Courageous people do not usually intend to be brave. Instead, God’s people use the gifts he gives them to glorify God and to serve others. As we look back upon the lives of people in the past, we see how God orchestrates every event to help his children grow in character and to accomplish a specific role in his story of the world. Who Were the Abolitionists?, Danika Cooley (Christian Focus Publications, 2023), page 6
Christian Abolitionists CraftYou can help your kids commemorate what they're learning about history in a hands-on way! Check out this fun video of the Abolitionists toilet paper roll craft!
Christian Biographies for Kids | Christian History for Kids | Theology for Kids
Christian History Matters for Our Kids.History matters. Now, more than ever, we see how important it is for our children to know and understand history and the Bible. Here's why:
- God is the sovereign ruler of all things. It's important for our kids to see his hand in the history of nations and in the lives of both peasants and kings.
- Christian history is the story of our family history. Our kids get to see how people who love Jesus follow him.
- Understanding history can help our kids learn historic and biblical theology. They learn what the Bible says and what that means for us. They also see when the study of Scripture has taken important turns that have changed the Church.
- Reading Christian biographies and history can be a wonderful way for kids to think outside their own time and culture. God's Church spans centuries and includes people from every nation.
- Christian biographies help kids consider their own faith, walk with Jesus, and the impact their witness may one day have on others--and on history.
The Who What Why Series is the perfect resource to teach your kids about history, while helping them apply biblical truths to their lives today.