Who Invented the Printing Press | Toilet Paper Roll Craft
WHO INVENTED THE PRINTING PRESS CRAFT
A fun toilet paper rolls craft to help your kids learn about Johann Gutenberg and the printing press invention.
God used Johann Gutenberg and his printing press to change the world. The ability to quickly and accurately reproduce God's Word meant the Bible could be read by priests, seminary students, and the common people. It allowed for the translation and distribution of Scripture to people across the world. The ability to read and teach from God's Word changed the Church--and global history.
If your child worships in a church where the Bible is taught in their own language and the gospel of Jesus is proclaimed, Johann Gutenberg and the printing press had something to do with that!
WHAT WAS THE GUTENBERG BIBLE?
Johann Gutenberg invented a world–changing machine that meant people could read God’s Word for themselves. The world could share ideas, discoveries, and news. God’s Word could be quickly, inexpensively and accurately reproduced.
Just fifty years after twelve Death Ships pulled into the harbor in Sicily, and a decade after an English professor secretly translated Latin words into English, a man named after his house defied all odds and created a machine that would spread words across the world like dandelion seeds. The interesting thing about history is it is like a line of dominoes standing on end. Every event is a result of things that happened before. Once things happen, they impact what comes next–just like dominoes knocking each other over.
What Was the Gutenberg Bible?, Danika Cooley (Christian Focus Publications, 2021), page 6
Toilet Paper Rolls Craft for Your Kids
Kids learn through story and hands-on activities. Check out this fun video I made of the Johann Gutenberg and the printing press toilet paper rolls craft!
Christian Biographies for Kids | Christian History for Kids | Theology for Kids
"As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight." - Psalm 16:3, ESV
Christian History Matters for Our Kids.
History matters. Now, more than ever, we see how important it is for our children to know and understand history and the Bible.
- God is the sovereign ruler of all things. It's important for our kids to see his hand in the history of nations and in the lives of both peasants and kings.
- Christian history is the story of our family history. Our kids get to see how people who love Jesus follow him.
- Understanding history can help our kids learn historic and biblical theology. They learn what the Bible says and what that means for us. They also see when the study of Scripture has taken important turns that have changed the Church.
- Reading Christian biographies and history can be a wonderful way for kids to think outside their own time and culture. God's Church spans centuries and includes people from every nation.
- Christian biographies help kids consider their own faith, walk with Jesus, and the impact their witness may one day have on others--and on history.
Elementary-aged kids need middle grade resources that are fun, a little sassy, and that teach valuable lessons.