My Sermon Notebook
Help your kids stay in engaged in church with their My Sermon Notebook.
They'll build skills for life learning to take sermon notes.
Your child will learn to apply a structure to their notetaking they can maintain and expand upon as an adult.
You'll want to download the My Sermon Notebook for your family to use at church! The My Sermon Notebook will allow your kids to take sermon notes, and stay engaged with what they're learning, while giving them something fun and hands-on to do during the service.
The My Sermon Notebook has several exciting and fun aspects to it:
- 107 page sermon notebook
- 52 weeks of notes
- 2 pages of notes per week
- Instructions written directly to your child
- Sermon notes prompts
- Main Passage
- Other Scripture Passages
- Three Main Points
- A Question to Ask Mom and Dad About
- A Song We Sang that I Liked
- How I Can Apply This Sermon to My Life Right Now
- Adorable Children to Color
- Weekly Mazes, Coloring Scenes, or Bible-related Word Searches
- Household license
- Reprint for all of your children
- Reprint every year
- Classroom license available
Printing Your My Sermon Notebook
- Sometimes readers are concerned about using colored ink. If this is the case for you, there should be a setting on your printer that allows you to print in black and white. Printing in grayscale will still use some color, but it will come out prettier than black and white.
- Print the My Sermon Notebook duplexed (double-sided) and have them flip on the long side.
- I recommend printing the My Sermon Journal on white cardstock so the pages will be more durable with no bleed-through.
- There are several ways to store and use your sermon notes pages:
- Three-hole punch the pages and store them in a notebook.
- Spiral bind your notebook.
- This is my favorite way to store notebooking journals. You can take it to a local office store or use your own comb-binding machine.
- If you've purchased a classroom license, print a new set for each child every week for them to use in Sunday School or the sermon. They can take their weekly set home. (If you are serving more than a standard sized classroom, or have an unusually small number of children, contact me for leveled pricing.)
Taking Sermon Notes
Your child can take sermon notes in pen, pencil, pictures, full sentences, phrases, transliterated Greek, Elvish...
The point is that your child is:
- Listening to the sermon
- Learning to take notes
- Identifying what kind of sermon notes to take
- Busy with a hands-on activity that pertains to the family worship activity in church
- Thinking about the sermon and worship
- Engaging in an adult activity at a child's level
Your child may wish to do a fun activity during the announcements or after taking sermon notes.
Each week of the My Sermon Journal includes one of the following:
- A maze
- A coloring scene
- A fun Bible-related word search
Help your kids stay in engaged in church with their My Sermon Notebook. They'll build skills for life learning to take sermon notes.