Easter Cupcakes for Kids with He is Risen Printable Flags
These fun empty tomb cupcakes are a great way to celebrate.
You can even make some cute He is Risen printable flags (just cut them out and glue them to toothpicks) to stick into the cupcakes.
The printable comes with He is Risen flags in color, in black-and-white for coloring, and with instructions for assembling your Easter cupcakes with your kids.
Empty Tomb CupcakesCheck out this fun video I made of the Empty Tomb Cupcakes!
Tips for Making Easter Cupcakes with KidsWorking on snack projects with kids is so much fun, but it can be a challenge. If you choose to involve your kids, I have a few suggestions for you.
- Expect a mess. Put your child’s long hair up, wash little hands, and have them wear washable clothes.
- Prepare the food before hand. For little ones, the real fun is in the decorating, so do as much of the prep work as you can before you involve the kids.
- Keep basic supplies on hand. I’m embarrassed to tell you how many types of sprinkles I have. We eat really healthy, but when we celebrate, there are always sprinkles involved. It’s nice to have a little supply of food decorations. You know, for emergencies.
- Set the food to be decorated on a child-size table or on a plastic table cloth on the floor. Nothing ruins the food decorating fun faster than having a child fall off a kitchen stool. Your kids will be intent on their decorating task. They may not remember they’re standing high above the ground. (Don’t ask me how many children fell off before I realized this!)
- It’s OK to do easy. We eat vegan, gluten-free cupcakes, so I make mine from scratch. But for special celebrations, there’s nothing wrong with decorating store-made cupcakes, or an easy cake mix!
He is Risen Printable FlagsSign up for the Thinking Kids newsletter, and you'll receive encouragement, free gifts, and exclusive offers. Use this form and we'll send you a coupon code to purchase the He is Risen printable flags (with the cupcake instructions) FREE.
- Sometimes readers are concerned about using colored ink. If this is the case for you, there should be a setting on your printer that allows you to print in black and white. Printing in grayscale will still use some color, but it will come out prettier than black and white
- I recommend printing on white cardstock so the cards will be more durable and the back won't show through on the front. This is my very favorite cardstock: Neenah Premium Cardstock.
- You'll need to cut them out and glue them onto toothpicks. You can choose the black and white flags for your kids to color in, or the already colorful set.
Supplies Needed to Make Your Empty Tomb CupcakesYou'll need a few supplies to make your project. You may have a few of these items already. If not, these are all fairly inexpensive and will serve you well for multiple projects.
- 12 Cupcakes
- 1 Cup of Green Frosting with Decorating Tips
- ¼ Cup Chocolate Frosting
- 1 Tablespoon Flower Sprinkles
- 12 Mini Chocolate Doughnuts
- 6 Mini Fudge Covered Oreos
- Your He is Risen Printable Flags
- Toothpicks and a Glue Stick