The Reformers | Reformation Craft
THE REFORMERS | REFORMATION CRAFT
Your kids can learn about the Protestant Reformers in a hands-on way with this printable Reformation craft!
God used the Reformers to change the Church. Their commitment to the authority of God's Word helped them stand on the truth that our salvation is in Christ alone by grace alone through faith alone. Their lives were dedicated to the glory of God alone--just as ours must be.
If your child worships in a church where the Bible is taught as God's Word and the gospel of Jesus is proclaimed, the Protestant Reformers had something to do with that!
Why Did the Reformation Happen?
The Church was following the words of men rather than the Word of God but brave men read God’s Word and were saved from their sins. They fought for truth against the most powerful organizations of the time – the Church and the Crown. Help your 8-11 year olds explore how God’s people changed the Church, Europe and the World. This is the story of how the Church found the gospel and the people heard about Christ.
Lost things, once they are forgotten, can be hard to find again. Have you ever cleaned the back corner of your closet, only to find something you once dearly loved? Maybe it was your favorite shirt and now you are too big to wear it. Alas--that's a word which means oh no!--just over five hundred years ago, God's people lost his Word to us.
Why Did the Reformation Happen?, Danika Cooley (Christian Focus Publications, 2021), page 6
You can help your kids commemorate what they're learning about history in a hands-on way! Check out this fun video I made of the Protestant Reformers toilet paper roll craft!
Christian Biographies for Kids | Christian History for Kids | Theology for Kids
"As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight." - Psalm 16:3, ESV
Christian History Matters for Our Kids.
History matters. Now, more than ever, we see how important it is for our children to know and understand history and the Bible.
- God is the sovereign ruler of all things. It's important for our kids to see his hand in the history of nations and in the lives of both peasants and kings.
- Christian history is the story of our family history. Our kids get to see how people who love Jesus follow him.
- Understanding history can help our kids learn historic and biblical theology. They learn what the Bible says and what that means for us. They also see when the study of Scripture has taken important turns that have changed the Church.
- Reading Christian biographies and history can be a wonderful way for kids to think outside their own time and culture. God's Church spans centuries and includes people from every nation.
- Christian biographies help kids consider their own faith, walk with Jesus, and the impact their witness may one day have on others--and on history.
Elementary-aged kids need middle grade resources that are fun, a little sassy, and that teach valuable lessons.