The 7 Days of Creation Story Wheel
God's story of Creation is a wonderful, true, historic event which God detailed for us in the very first chapter of the very first book of the Bible.
A story wheel is a device that can help children remember the order of events in a narrative, so that they can retell the story to someone else. The act of listening to a story, then retelling--or narrating--that story helps kids:
- Pay attention to the story
- Comprehend what they've heard or read
- Think critically as they work to retell the story
- Develop the ability to sum up what they've read in their own words
With notebooking or journaling, kids learn to narrate in writing. A story wheel is a fun way to create a visual reminder of the sequence of events in a story so that kids can retell it.
This fun days of Creation wheel will allow your kids to create a visual reminder of Genesis chapter 1, so they can retell God's story of his Creation of the universe and the earth and everything on it.
The 7 Days of Creation for Kids WheelRead Genesis chapter 1 as a family before you begin your craft. As you make your craft, discuss:
- What day is Genesis 1:1 set in?
- Is "the beginning" a day or an expanse of time?
- Why is it important to remember that in the beginning, "the earth was without form and void" (Genesis 1:2a)?
- What do you learn in Genesis chapter 1 about the order of God's Creation?
- Why do you think he creates the world and the universe the way he does?